Sustainer+Pickup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sustainer+Pickup issue

I need help, guys!! I'm thinking about changing the pickups on my Jackson Custom Shop.
    This is what it looks like inside:

Right now it has the same pick-ups as the PC1. To put on a new pickup I need to find a piece like this:

This is at the end of the cord comming from the DiMarzio Super 3. This piece fits onto a "fork" similar to this:

Now how do I fix this? Can I get this piece anywhere or do I have to make an "alternative sollution"?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Can you take the one you have and resolder it to the new pickup? I don't know if it would work, but that is what I would try doing. I would actually be surprised if it did NOT work.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

PC's use similar connectors for their power and reset switches typically. If you don't want to sacrifice the one you have now, see if a friend or a local computer store has an old PC case they aren't using/tossing and scavenge the connector from that.
      Just clip the wires with a couple inches of wire.
      Drop an inch of heat shrink tubing over each wire and strip the last 1/4 inch off.
      Solder the wire to the + and ground wires from the pickup and bend the soldered bit up along parallel to the wire.
      Move up the tubing and shrink it up to stop it from shorting on something and you are off to the races.
      The connector will fit reversed so keep an eye on polarity when you are replacing the stock one otherwise you may run into some phase issues with the other pickups.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep. Go snag some pc connectors and splice them onto the new pickup lead.
        -Rick

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the great tips.
          '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '13 Gibson M-III
          Taylor 214CE
          Dean 6-string Bass
          Morgan Ukulele