Neck pocket on new USA models...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pocket on new USA models...

I can't remember, are they using the exact same pocket as the Fenders or are they slightly different? Was thinking of buying one and swapping out the neck with a Warmoth neck as it would be cheaper than buying a loaded Warmoth body.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Wider. 2 1/4 vs 2 3/16.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

WHy would you swap the neck out, these necks are awesome. They just need some extra sanding and some new oil applied.

Comment

Because I like a 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" neck. J/C did make some strat heads and some soloists with the 1 3/4" wide nut, but, those are hard to find as most assume it is the standard 1 5/8" nut and usually too expensive to buy.
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Jacksons and Charvels use 1 11/16" nut. I believe the EVH and maybe some older models used the smaller 1 5/8" though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You are right Toe.... it is the 1 11/16" nut. Dunno why I said 1 5/8". I had a white soloist with the 1 3/4" and an R5 nut...definately regret letting that one go as well as 2 strat heads with the 1 3/4" wide neck.

Comment

I think some of the George Lynch ESP models might have a wide nut, like 1 3/4".

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                I think some of the George Lynch ESP models might have a wide nut, like 1 3/4".
                Yes, my ESP Sunburst Tiger is 1 3/4" and I believe the Kamikaze version were as well.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

You can get a Musikraft neck with a 2 1/4 heel for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X