Any guitar builders here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guitar builders here?

Does anyone here build there own guitars at home? ive always thought of this to be a great hobby, but i dont have the tools or the cash to do it myself.

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
    Does anyone here build there own guitars at home? ive always thought of this to be a great hobby, but i dont have the tools or the cash to do it myself.
    Dude theres a dude named Malcolm that does that. We should go chill with him sometime. He's chill though. Hes like 40 and has an adopted girl from africa. He lives two houses down from sam.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I think there are a few around here that do.

Comment

I now theres a junior member whos building this insane warlock. I just couldnt imagine a better way to spend time then building a guitar.

Comment

Its something I'm about to attempt. Mutts first, then maybe something from scratch.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
            I now theres a junior member whos building this insane warlock. I just couldnt imagine a better way to spend time then building a guitar.
            Ummm playing a guitar
            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              Ummm playing a guitar
              Agreed!
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I'd like to have the abilities to make it. Build my own guitars...

Comment

Comment

Its something I'm about to attempt. Mutts first, then maybe something from scratch.
                    Ya I wanna to make a mustt strat body, as far as from scratch goes i dont think i would be able to do that.

Comment

Yep, probably built about 26 or so, getting better at it all the time. It does take a significant investment to do it though. .....and the space, which is valuable.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Yep, probably built about 26 or so, getting better at it all the time. It does take a significant investment to do it though. .....and the space, which is valuable.
                        Got any pics of what your workshop looks like?

Comment

See avatar <-
                          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                            See avatar <-
                            Holy shit you build that star, that thing is beautiful.

Comment

yep!

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X