Production Charvel neck pocket size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Charvel neck pocket size

I have a simple question. I might be aquiring a guitar body from the new USA Production Model series and was wondering if an 80's "Model" Series pointy neck would fit on it? Thanks in advance.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Yes itll fit just fine. You "might" have to drill new holes in the neck which is no biggy, but the neck pockets are identical.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Excellent, Thanks very much!!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Yes, it fits just fine. I have a model 4 neck on a slime green sd1 body. It all fits like it came that way.

Comment

Funny, I'm considering doing the same thing (if Ebay will be cooperative).

I would not hesitate to say that the neck pockets should be identical and everything will bolt together just fine, UNLESS there was an "issue" with the original guitar neck or body.

In other words "back then" they used fender neck hole placement with a 2 1/4" heel and they still do now. So unless "back then" or "now" someone didn't line something up right (it happens) everything should bolt together, piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
          X