Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD custom custom???

what will it sound like in a sl2?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Try it and tell me, bud.

I love the Custom in a bolt-on Alder body. Moreso than the JB. I can't decide if the Custom or Custom Custom is the better choice for the Soloist. Or the Tone Zone. I'm going to try one of these three soon.

Unfortunately the Custom TB5 I ordered a few months ago and just got around to wiring into my SL1 is "dead." It makes a ton of noise and sounds like crap, which is not what a TB5 usually does.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Unfortunately the Custom TB5 I ordered a few months ago and just got around to wiring into my SL1 is "dead." It makes a ton of noise and sounds like crap, which is not what a TB5 usually does.
      Can you send it back to SD for a new one? I can't remember how SD's warranty works. Does the pup have to be purchased from an authorized SD dealer, etc.?

EDIT: No need to respond--here's the SD warranty info: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/warranty-inform/
      Last edited by Trussrod; 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I pulled the cloth tape to check the wires. So, warranty's a no go and I didn't get that lucky. It appears one of the pickup coils is partially shorted, no problem with the wiring under the cloth tape.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          what will it sound like in a sl2?
          Don't know.

But in my 1988 ESP Horizon (maple neck thru, archtop, H-S, ebony fretboard, OFR), it sounds like heaven if you are into old school Judas Priest, through my DSL100. Split it's got a very nice straty tone as well.

Comment

I have the Custom Custom in a KV(poplar body with maple neck) it sounds pretty good in it. It sounds like the sh-11 has more mids and highs than the custom or custom5. It is great for 80's metal tones, I can get a good Megadeth tone from it.

Comment

I've got a custom custom in my alder WR1. It's probably my favorite pickup, it can do it all.

Comment

Working...
              X