Control layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control layout

I'm going to be getting a new pickguard for my socal and im struck for ideas when it comes to control layouts. Not the physical placement of the controls, but what they all do.

so far im set on a 3 way blade switch, volume and tone knob. But i really want some "extra" tone options. Coil split is a must. But what about a series parallel switch? Phase change? Perhaps have an option to split each humbucker independently? I can't decide completely.

I'm not opposed to adding extra mini toggle switches but on the other hand i dont want something too complicated.

Thinking having the volume pot as a push pull for the coil tap. 3 way blade switch and another push pull on the tone. But what should the push pull do? Any ideas?
    THIS IS MY POST
    Thanks for reading

Originally posted by Zaneus View Post
    3 way blade switch and another push pull on the tone. But what should the push pull do? Any ideas?
    Why not just get a 5 way Mega Switch? Then you can get (5) different usable sounds with not extra switches on the guitar.

Comment

Because with a 3 way and the coil tap option i get 6 separate options and the switch is in the pot. Same look visually. It's more a preference thing though. i like the pickup switching options to remain easy so to speak. I find it hard to flick to position 2 and 4 on 5-way switches on the fly. Just easier for me to have a 3 way
      THIS IS MY POST
      Thanks for reading

Comment

just get a push pull volume knob and you're set for the layout you're talking about.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
          Why not just get a 5 way Mega Switch? Then you can get (5) different usable sounds with not extra switches on the guitar.
          +1 - very useful tones.

To get the 6th tone, I have a phase reversal for the middle position. One push/pull for the tone control.

Comment

I saw on the net somewhere you can buy a set up to make the controls like a PRS. I plan to try that one of these days. One tone, one volume and a five way rotary switch.

Comment

I'm pretty set on the layout i have currently. Really just looking to fill that one extra pushpull in the tone position.

-Phase change
              -High pass filter
              -Series/Parallel
              -???

Which should i choose? it's a pretty tough decision for me. Also, are there any other options for the push pull?
              THIS IS MY POST
              Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
              X