USA Production Star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Production Star!

Why don't they make random stars with these new batches? I would go crazy for a star with the same features as these models coming out now.... c'mon Charvel!

"Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
    Why don't they make random stars with these new batches? I would go crazy for a star with the same features as these models coming out now.... c'mon Charvel!

That's what I've been saying. Stars are great to play.

Comment

I'd agree, but can understand the reasoning.

1. the shape won't sell many. they just won't. let's try not to kid ourselves.
      2. The shape would require more money to make. They are nonstandard shapes, would need more wood, different backplates, different QA checks.

It's nickle and dime stuff, but it adds up.

Right now, it's just not worth it.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I was hesitant to go for a Star because I've played plenty of Explorers and Vs and generally prefer Strat shapes but, I have to agree, the Star is surprisingly comfy to play. I'd definitely get another if the price were right. Saying that, I'm a pretty big Chris Holmes fan.

Comment

V's were cool and Explorer types were cool and it seems that while sitting stars take on both of those qualities. There's no shape I'd rather jam on.

There isn't much that I wouldn't do for a ~1100 USA Charvel Star and I'm really digging these USA models a lot right now I just don't want to settle for a strat.. but I do agree as much as we love them there wouldn't be enough to make it marketable from a company standpoint.

Comment

Last edited by toddstaples; 10-02-2009, 07:53 PM.
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Stars are great to play, and there's plenty of them out there from a few years back with pointy headstocks, either V-trems or Floyds, maple, rosewood or ebony fingerboards, H, H/H, H/S and H/S/S pup options. Find one of those. Here's the '05 model I used to own.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow that is a sexy guitar

Comment

You should get that back and sell it to me Toejam

I would really dig one of those.. I hope I can find one!
                  Last edited by ekalb09; 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Stars are great to play, and there's plenty of them out there from a few years back with pointy headstocks, either V-trems or Floyds, maple, rosewood or ebony fingerboards, H, H/H, H/S and H/S/S pup options. Find one of those. Here's the '05 model I used to own.
                    i'd hit that

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                      You should get that back and sell it to me Toejam

I would really dig one of those.. I hope I can find one!
                      I traded it to someone else here for an RR1T. I do miss it, though. It was a great player! Soloing on the highest frets can be a little difficult since the cutaway is slightly cramped there.

Comment

How much were these brand new?

Comment

I think I paid $1500 for mine.

Comment

Sounds like used it would be right up my alley.. now I just have to explore.

Comment

Have Stars always had bolt n necks or were there ever any neck thrus? Either way there sexy guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X