Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we ever going to get rosewood boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we ever going to get rosewood boards?

I can live with the hum hum config, although I would prefer H/S or H but rosewood boards would make me buy one of the prod models.

Prediction: its not in the cards
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Find a USA pointy from a few years back... they were available with rosewood, maple and ebony. They also were available with choice of H, H/H, H/S, H/S/S, V-trem or Floyd.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can live with the hum hum config, although I would prefer H/S or H but rosewood boards would make me buy one of the prod models.
        brown sharpie.
        Have you played one of these yet? If you haven't you won't care what the fretboard is.

Comment

You could always lake it to a luthier, have him plane off the fretboard and glue down a new rosewood board.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            You could always lake it to a luthier, have him plane off the fretboard and glue down a new rosewood board.
            [Newc voice on] Break out the Dremel and do that yourself already, you candy ass! I mean, come on - it's no big feat to slice up a one-piece maple neck and add a new fretboard. You'd think this were brain surgery or somthing. [/Newc voice off]

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              [Newc voice on] Break out the Dremel and do that yourself already, you candy ass! I mean, come on - it's no big feat to slice up a one-piece maple neck and add a new fretboard. You'd think this were brain surgery or somthing. [/Newc voice off]

:ROTF:

I think there should be an added switch for a newc voice. Maybe it could play a demonic laugh over your computer speakers...or just say fuck you.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Don't ban me! I just ordered some of these:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_...ngerboard.html

and I'm going to start right away!
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Don't ban me! I just ordered some of these:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_...ngerboard.html

and I'm going to start right away!
                  Very cool... I've been waiting for them to offer the precut boards with a compound radius.
                  -Rick

Comment

Those Stew Mac boards aren't cut for the Floyd nut, are they??
                    '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                    '98 PRS Custom 22
                    '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
                      Those Stew Mac boards aren't cut for the Floyd nut, are they??
                      No, but they give you enough wood behind the nut slot to convert it.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        No, but they give you enough wood behind the nut slot to convert it.
                        Unless you're too gaddamn lazy!
                        Blank yo!

Comment

For some reason, rosewood doesn't strike me as being "Charvel" enough.

Comment

Eddies Charvels + Warrens Charvels + George's Tiger striped Charvel = Maple.

Coolest Charvels ever in the coolest Charvel players hands ever = Maple

So I think if they could only choose one neck wood configuration they chose the most "correct" or "Charvelest" neck wood to use.

Comment

Jake?
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X