Mustaine Livewire Questions on DKMGT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine Livewire Questions on DKMGT

Hey all! New guy here nice to meet everyone! Wanted to see if I could get some help on a huge problem Im having with a DKMGT I just got in a trade. Its a pretty recent DKMGT(two knobs)that had the original pups switched out with the Mustaine Livewire set. Unfortunately I didnt get to plug it in before I made the trade.

Only the bridge pup works and it sounds like poop. The neck pup barely makes a sound but does register...barely. Now, I have already gone to the Duncan site and gone over the exact wiring diagram for my layout with these pups. Ive checked as much as I could. All the hardware seems to be correct. 100k pots, switch, stereo jack and correct capacitor. Even made sure dude I got it off of didnt switch the pups neck for bridge etc. Unless he went through the trouble to remove and switch the color coded bands on the pup wires just to spite me then they are in the right place.

Thing is everything looks like it was soldered by a chimp. I can solder Ive just never done a guitar b4. Most of the solder points look weak at best, barely soldered on at all at a couple points. Also not sure if the wires are correct gauge etc...dude didnt cut anything for the sake of order and it looks like a fistful of week old spaghetti when I take the plate off.

Any help or advice would be great...thank you!
Working...
X