Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD, what can you tell me about this Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD, what can you tell me about this Charvel!

I know that this is one of the early 90's San Dimas reissue Charvels but that's about it. Does anyone know the woods they were made of, what the dots are on the fretboard (looks clay or some kind of wood, not plastic or mother or pearl) or kind of pickups? It's supposed to be hear tomorrow and I'm stoked because I got it shipped for 3 bills!!!!!! I'm just wanting to know more about them.

That's a San Dimas Traditional, from '95 or '96.

Here's the catalog scan from '96:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....394&fullsize=1

You got a great deal!

Comment

Thanks for the scan! That's killer! Looks like everything is original as well!

Comment

Good score on that one! I still need to add a single coiler to the guitar stable. ( Of course I want a 3-tite soloist though )
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've owned two or three of those. They're GREAT guitars. The best Strat that Fender never made.

Real nice neck profile on those, and the combination of that two-point trem (Gotoh, I think) and the locking Sperzels makes for surprisingly good tuning stability. Real nice quality woods, too - especially the rosewood fretboards.

The fretboard dots are made of maple. The catalog scan should answer your other questions.

Congrats.

Comment

Yep, I was watching that one too. Really nice players. Let us know what you think.

Comment

I just couldn't pass it up for the price. I mean you can barely buy a piece of crap Squire for $300 now days and this is a USA made Charvel! I've been needing a 3 single coil guitar anyway. I put a push/pull pot in my So Cal to coil tap and it does really good stratty tones but nothing sounds like a single coil except a single coil.

Comment

Working...
              X