Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Charvel

Hey guys,

Seeing as I just recently bought my first Charvel, I thought I'd drop by and check out these forums. I managed to pick up a NOS Star from a shop in Edinburgh. It's from the 25th Anniversary run but the guys in the shop said the guitar had sat forgotten in a Fender warehouse since 2005.

I was in the market for a USA San Dimas Style 1 but the Star was going for £699 (US$1, 115-ish) so I went for it instead. Overall I'm pretty happy with the guitar but I need to play about with the set-up a bit. I'm not too sure about the TB-14/Jazz combination and was thinking about changing them out for a TB-6/'59.

Apart from the slightest of marks on the headstock, the guitar is immaculate too. The only thing that annoys me is that the 25th Anniversary Charvels seem quite hard to come by and I've seen some nice San Dimas guitars with the pointy headstock already on here. I wouldn't usually have gone for a Star but it's quite rare to find USA Charvels (the 2008-2009 models aside) in my neck of the woods so I had to go for it.

Iain

Holy crap, I envy you! haha, my first was my Charvel Tangerine So-Cal, but I've always loved stars, let alone white ones! -congrats and way to hit the ground running!
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Love stars, nice score
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

that is bad ass...classy look...congrats
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

That's freaking awesome!!!!!! What a score!

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats.

Comment

DAmn dude what a nice find congrats

Welcome to the forum
              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

that is awesome! congrats & welcome
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Cheers guys!

I've been meaning to get a decent Charvel/Kramer/Jackson for a while now. Ideally I would have got a Strat-shaped guitar but 25th Anniversay San Dimas guitars are fairly scarce here. I really wanted to get a Charvel back in 2005 but couldn't afford one at the time so I wasn't going to miss out on this one.

If I had an extra £900 going, I'd probably get another:

http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/details.asp?sku=6452

Ferrari Red looks awesome.

Comment

That is one awesome looking Charvie. Congrats.

Comment

wow! love it! OFR

Comment

All I can say is and welcome.
                        Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Awesome! Nice choice grabbing the white one.

Comment

Very nice,great choice.
                            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Great find. I saw that Guitar Guitar had a Star quite cheap in Red at one time. Totally awesome guitar you snagged.
                              http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Working...
                              X