X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non recessed trem problem.

Well maybe not a problem really.

Any of you guys run into this.

I have a 1986 Model 3 Charvel that came stock with the Kahler 2500 floating single locking trem. Not a bad piece of equipment that trem per se, but I wanted something more substantial and swapped it out with a Kahler 2700 (Killer) trem.

Here is the "problem" in order to get the strings at the level I like to play at, (very low action), I have to basically have the trem resting on the body. It does allow for dives, but pullups are out of the question, unless I want to route out behind the rear of the trem. I do NOT want to dig a hole back there, but I do want to be able to use it as a true floating bridge (as a Floyd).

Any suggestions?

Are there tricks I can do like take the relief out of the neck a bit.....flatten it kinda, and raise the trem?

I'm no luthier, nor guitar tech. Hell I'm not really a guitarist, I'm just someone that likes to hack around with a guitar and make it sound cool , but I'd rally like to get this thing right.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Yes, all you need to do is shim the neck.

On an Aria Pro II that I installed a 2700 on, I routed the neck pocket for a permenant angle.

Comment

Yep - shim the neck. Add a small piece of paper at the heel. This will angle the neck back and require you to raise the bridge to clear the end of the neck - thus: pullback is achieved.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I've shimmed many necks this way. What I've found to work well is using thin pieces of metal shim and have it overlap with a stair-pattern, which creates a kind of like a thin wedge-shape.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks guys! For some reason I have the habit of bypassing the simple methods of doing stuff and thinking the more involved a process is, the more correct it must be .
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
          X