Neck pickup to complement SH-6 in bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup to complement SH-6 in bridge

The SH-10 just doesn't seem to sound as loud as the SH-6. Is there another Seymour Duncan pickup that's suitable for the neck position whilst matching the output of the SH-6 in the bridge?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Try raising the Full Shred and lower the Distortion, or adjust their pole pieces. I've got a PATB-2 Distortion paired up with a Jazz in my RR1T, and they work fine together.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You could drop a Distortion in the neck. I have the Mayhem set in my Kelly and it sounds killer.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        You could drop a Distortion in the neck. I have the Mayhem set in my Kelly and it sounds killer.
        I guess that's where my set is going. Is your Kelly a neck thru or a bolt on? Mine is a DK1 neck on a KE3 Body. I still have the Duncan Designed's in there.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          The SH-10 just doesn't seem to sound as loud as the SH-6. Is there another Seymour Duncan pickup that's suitable for the neck position whilst matching the output of the SH-6 in the bridge?
          Is that a Full Shred Neck or a Full Shred Bridge in your neck?

The Full Shred neck is only 7.7K and might be whimpy. Other than the Seymourizer (DD Neck pickup @ 12.5K), I'd maybe try a Screamin Demon.

Oh, and what type of axe are we talking about?

Comment

F

Full Shred bridge in the neck spot sounds fantastic...I'm running one in my Jackson Reverse. I'm probably gonna run the same thing in my other Jackson Reverse with a BKP Painkiller...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I guess that's where my set is going. Is your Kelly a neck thru or a bolt on? Mine is a DK1 neck on a KE3 Body. I still have the Duncan Designed's in there.
              Bolt-on, it is a trans-red Performer body with a DR3 neck. It sounds great through the Vetta.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Oh, and what type of axe are we talking about?
                I'm willing to bet it's a Warrior.

Comment

adjust the bridge pup hieght till it sound right to you.
                  then adjust the neck pup hieght till its volume is where you want it compared to the bridge.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                  X