Wiring mods for one vol/one tone/3way switch setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring mods for one vol/one tone/3way switch setup

Hi - I just picked up my first jackson - its a japanese import DR7T (got a great deal on one locally that was in fantastic shape) - have to say that I'm very impressed, and even the duncan designed pickups sound pretty damn good, particularly since I'd been lead to believe that these pickups were not so terrific.

Question - are there any fairly simple mods that people can share for this wiring harness - I'd love a little more variety (e.g., coil splits on the back pickup to blend with the front, spin-a-split options, etc.). Before I mess with the general layout of the current wiring, I was wanted to see if there were any tried and true ideas that this group has come across.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Dan

I just put in a push/pull volume pot to coil split my Kelly, and I really recommend it. It really opens up your tone options!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
      I just put in a push/pull volume pot to coil split my Kelly, and I really recommend it. It really opens up your tone options!

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it! I'll have to give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X