Kahler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler question

I´ve never seen this before. Any infos? Thanks.

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
    I´ve never seen this before. Any infos? Thanks.

Kahler Flyer Tremelo.

Here's some info:

http://www.wammiworld.com/u2330.html
    Last edited by Brian; 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM. Reason: wrong url *duh*

Comment

The Flyer predated the Flatmount Pro. The saddles don't adjust laterally like the pro. the baseplate looks identical to the hardtail version on the Mustaine V, which I think was no accident.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
        The Flyer predated the Flatmount Pro. The saddles don't adjust laterally like the pro. the baseplate looks identical to the hardtail version on the Mustaine V, which I think was no accident.
        The baseplate is similar to the 3300 models (Mustaine) and was likely the basis for them but they are not identical.

-The rear of the plate is is different.

-The grooves in the baseplate to compensate for guitars with no neck angle are not present on the 3300 baseplates.

-Lastly, the front mounting screws are off to the side of the saddles. They were moved on the 3300 models to the front.

There was a photograph of a chrome 3310 with the front mounting screws on the side like the Flyer. According to Kahler it was a prototype that was used for photographs and was changed when the 3300 went into production.

Comment

That one has 2 broken string guides.My 3300 had the same ones broken.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think a lot of cheaper manufacturers used the flyer instead of the pro, kind of like using a LFR instead of an OFR.

Comment

Gibson used the Flyer on the Q series guitars. I have a pat pend Pro and a couple flyers. I prefer the pat pend pro over all of them.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I´ve had many kahlered guitars over the years but obviously never saw one of those.

Comment

Working...
                X