Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ordered this today...and I gonna like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered this today...and I gonna like it?

I got this from Music Zoo this morning...The only charvels I have owned in the past include a Model A plus, Model 3A and a Model 6 years ago.

Am I gonna like this? I played one (single hum) last year and loved it, and have been looking ever since.

Last edited by metalgod72; 09-08-2009, 08:32 PM. Reason: new photo

Well ya if you played the same one with one hum and liked it than you should like this one. But then again we dont know what you like and what you dont.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I played a bunch of those naturals at the Music Zoo. Very nice - great price. If you like Floyded hum-sing strats with no finish that plays great, you'll like it.

I played one almost exactly like that except it had a rail in the neck.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

if you don't I'll give it a home!

love that p/u config..killer looker

Comment

if you're not sure if you'll like it...why did u buy it?

Comment

I got it because I did really like the one I played last year, and they agreed to give me a 3 day trial period, just in case. I am a staunch Ibanez guy...This will become my second charvel in the stable, but to be honest I am tiring of the wizard neck, wanting something that screams and feels a little different. I am confident this will fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by metalgod72 View Post
              I got it because I did really like the one I played last year, and they agreed to give me a 3 day trial period, just in case. I am a staunch Ibanez guy...This will become my second charvel in the stable, but to be honest I am tiring of the wizard neck, wanting something that screams and feels a little different. I am confident this will fit the bill.
              i too used to be an ibanez player,i had a few nice rg's, but it was my charvel model 1(modded to pretty much be a model 2) that converted me!
              to me, RG's just feel blocky now and the necks feel too thin.
              if your anything like me i think you'd love it and want to sell your ibanez' for more charvels!

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                i think you'd love it and want to sell your ibanez' for more charvels!
                that is what I am afraid of, GAS can be a killer!

Comment

way cool...digging the wood grain and the s-h pku config..enjoy and congrats
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I like mine, wish it had a neck pup like yours though.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I know I'd love it.

Comment

You spend $1700 on a guitar and then ask strangers on a forum if you'll like it? Hmmm....

Comment

thats hot man.
                          good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

actually, I got it for $1400, and I love it, it was everything I was expecting, but being a bit of a Charvel Noob, at least vintage charvel Noob, I was anxious to try it out...

here is a gallery:
                            http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...Charvel%20Koa/

Comment

Very nice! Those are a great deal, especially if you factor in how much Charvel's birdseye upcharge is. Looks like the koa has a little bit of flame to it in the closeup shots, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X