Saw something cool today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw something cool today

Today I went to the Ontario Mills mall here in southern cal. They have a Sam Ash in the mall. So I'm walking around looking at the usual LTDs, Fenders, Gibson, etc. Finally, I come around and look back and what do I see? Twelve (I counted) Charvel Production Models hanging on the wall. I was very surprised to see any, let alone twelve of them. They had a mixture of SD, So-Cal, and Tele models. They were all out of reach and I didn't feel like asking the douche bag sales person to get one down, but it was cool to see so many of them in person like that.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

A local dealer here in Indiana has about 8 of the Charvel production models almost all the time. I believe they sell most through mail order since our local economy stinks. I did get a chance to handle a few, and I have concerns. I do understand the price point, and what we should expect for a production model. I am curious what others on this forum think of them?

Comment

Originally posted by yurk View Post
      A local dealer here in Indiana has about 8 of the Charvel production models almost all the time. I believe they sell most through mail order since our local economy stinks. I did get a chance to handle a few, and I have concerns. I do understand the price point, and what we should expect for a production model. I am curious what others on this forum think of them?
      First read I thought you said india and I read the rest in a middle eastern accent
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

We may have an accent in Indiana, but it is not middle eastern.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
          First read I thought you said india and I read the rest in a middle eastern accent
          Somebody needs geography lessons.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

About what? I have a Style 1 and it's a dream. Best value out there IMO.

Comment

Most I ever saw at a Long Island Sam Ash was 3 hanging high up on the wall.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Yeah, with todays economy. You can buy C/S like the one's from the Zoo or a used one for alittle more. But that's my opinion. It seems allot a people like them and that's great. It's cool they have the productions, better than not any.....Also I think people like doing mods to them so they can leave their C/S's stock.

Comment

Yeah, people like to mod them. Try to pick one up used if you're curious and if you love it then you can graduate to a full blown C/J obsession.
                  Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                  98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                  X