WCR Jon Schaffer pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCR Jon Schaffer pickups?

Anyone know anything about these? I need a new pickup for my RR24, and what with being a big Jon Schaffer/Iced Earth fan I stumbled across these. Seems kinda pricey at $215 + for a bridge humbucker if you follow the links to the order page, but I'm still kinda interested.

http://www.icedearth.com/icebucker/index.htm
    I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Jon is using RS/Fralin pickups now.I do have several WCR pickups and like them just fine.I'm a boutique pickup guy so I have tried quite a few different ones but the ones that stand out are Fralin,Rolph and WCR.
    Jon is a great gut too very freindly and quite an imagination.He's a history buff too and has quite a collection of artifacts from the revolutionary and civil wars.
    I just bought a L.P. studio he owned and playing it as we speak.
    Last edited by straycat; 09-13-2009, 08:05 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I stand corrected on Jon's pickups I found out the other day he is still using the WCR icebuckers.I don't think Jim Wagner(WCR) will devulge much info on the pickups.Most boutique pick up makers stay hush hush about signature pickups.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

What much is there to divulge? The info about the pups are on Iced Earth's site from the first post here... http://www.icedearth.com/icebucker/index.htm

WCR Guitar Pickups Technical Specs:
        • Neck is apprx 8k, slightly off balance between coils (widens harmonic content) Bridge is apprx 9.6k, slightly off balance between coils (widens harmonic content).
        • Alnico5 magnets. Easily interchangeable with all other strengths in stock. A2, A3, A4, A5, A8, Ceramic8.
        • Standard conductors are vintage braided, but can be substituted with: 2 conductor + ground, or 4 conductor + ground.
        • Bobbins can be in a variety of combinations. Black, zebra, reverse zebra, and the lighter side of zebras can be either cream or pure white. Double white is also available.
        • Hardware is nickle stock, Gold is optional, including gold pole-piece screws & slugs.
        • Covers are optional. Nickle plated brass, or solid nickle-silver in either raw, (fresh from the stamp) Brushed (like '57 stainless), or polished to a mirror finish.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X