Any Horror stories about Daddy's (new england) repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Horror stories about Daddy's (new england) repair

I got a JDR 94 from daddys which looks really new, but when I got it home and lowered the rediculousy high action, there where fret outs all over the neck. Also the high E saddle flew off as the bolt was stripped.

To my amazement the clerk at Daddy's said it would be covered, but I'm real leary of the repair at Daddy's I might just fix the trem myself with the nut and bolt trick I learned here and take it to a good luthier in boston for the fret work.

I don't know, the repair people at Daddys could be good

I got totally screwed by them when I bought a 3dr. good condition meant pot frozen(they did call me on that), paint scratched to hell, jt6 shot, chips in the neck clear coat, and the trem post wood was cracked and was epozied together.
    For all the used stuff they sell I'm sure their techs get lots of pratice.

Comment

The sales people especially the managers are evil vampires no doubt, the one good thing about the place is they kind of underprice "shred" stuff. I bought 1 charvel 575 bass, 2 mij PS4s all for $200 each. they even had a very good condition Charvel model 88 for like 300 and a MINT fusion with maple for like 400, But I just buy and run out of there, because there is an evil vibe to that place!!!!!

Ok I just convinced my self, I'm spending the cash for the fret level at a good luthier, this JDR is too nice
      Last edited by tanpsi; 09-08-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I worked at Daddy's (Nashua, NH) for 12 yrs and the guitar tech they had at the Manchester headquarters (not the store) was amazing. His name was Doug and if he's still there, I wouldn't hesitate to have him work on any of my guitars.

Comment

I've had good and bad with them. the worst was with I guy I used to work with where he bought a new Ibanez RGsomething and the frets needed to be filed down because they where hanging over the edge of the board. he got it back 2 weeks later and the edge of the neck was like an hourglass as if someone just ran both sides of the neck against a grinder. Another time was when I brough back a used amp to get it cleaned up because of a lot of popping and cracking, 3 weeks later I saw it on their ebay page for sale saying the clean channel didn't work! But I have had good work done at times also, it's a crap shoot with them in my opinion.
          I would say how valuable is the item to you? If you would be heartbroken if it got screwed up, then I'd pay for a place like Mouradian guitar who has done a lot of stuff for me and I've never been disappointed, the guy knows his sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            I worked at Daddy's (Nashua, NH) for 12 yrs and the guitar tech they had at the Manchester headquarters (not the store) was amazing. His name was Doug and if he's still there, I wouldn't hesitate to have him work on any of my guitars.
            Did he do the work from the Manchester shop? I had a guitar set up by them many years ago (8 or 10) and wasn't impressed with it. It wasn't horrible, but not good either. That was when I decided to learn to set my own guitars up. Not that hard really... little trial and error and a lot of common sense coupled with some moderate patience...
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

[QUOTE=SRD86;1281505]. he got it back 2 weeks later and the edge of the neck was like an hourglass as if someone just ran both sides of the neck against a grinder.QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, and you know if that happens they won't make it right.

I'll spend the cash!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                Did he do the work from the Manchester shop? I had a guitar set up by them many years ago (8 or 10) and wasn't impressed with it. It wasn't horrible, but not good either.
                No, never worked in any of the store. He has always worked at their headquarters and he's been with for probably about 25+ years now.

If someone at one of their stores (except the Boston store) sets up your guitar, it's not being done by a "real" guitar tech.

Comment

Working...
                X