Charvel vs suhr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel vs suhr

Alright I know alot of you are going to say apples vs oranges but I thought to post this since theyre both bolt ons and many people on this forum have said suhr makes the best bolt ons. So what would you say is better overall a custom shop charvel or a suhr.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Well, it is a tough comparison.
    So tough that I would think it would depend on the day, the model and what you are looking for.

It's kind of like asking if you like pepsi or coke. Both good, just a little different.

If I had to say that all things being even, same options across the board.

Suhr. The product is just maybe... 1/10th better.

Not that the Charvels are bad at all, its just the Suhr's are that much better.

But then, Suhr is a little less customizable. No neck thru, no stars.

Can I say both? They really are both very good.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      Well, it is a tough comparison.
      So tough that I would think it would depend on the day, the model and what you are looking for.

It's kind of like asking if you like pepsi or coke. Both good, just a little different.

If I had to say that all things being even, same options across the board.

Suhr. The product is just maybe... 1/10th better.

Not that the Charvels are bad at all, its just the Suhr's are that much better.

But then, Suhr is a little less customizable. No neck thru, no stars.

Can I say both? They really are both very good.
      Yeah I knew people were going to say differant. But their also kinda similar.
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I'm gonna stick my neck out on this one and comment a few things.
        1. Were really getting down to a personal preference when making a comparisons between the two. Both are great guitars so either one would be a great investment.

2. The plus with a custom... your specs your dream guitar.
        That's the whole idea with a custom.

3. Suhr - no matter what you can't or won't go wrong with Suhr.
        Great guitars no matter what they look like the playability is top notch.

4. Knowing no matter which of the two I would choose I would be getting a great guitar.
        That would bring it down to a money issue.
        Which of the two would be cheaper that would be the one I'd go with.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you choose.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Oh no Im not buying one I was just curious to see wich brand jcfers would prefer becuase I have seen some say that suhrs are the ultimate bolt on guitars.
          Jackson Shred

Comment

Love them both.

Truth be told, IMHO.
            It is like comparing a Mercedes Benz to a Mitsubishi.

Benz being Suhr. Soft, classy, smooth,etc.

Mitsubishi being Charvel. Functional, good value (USA STD production), can beat it up and not feel bad about it.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
              Love them both.

Truth be told, IMHO.
              It is like comparing a Mercedes Benz to a Mitsubishi.

Benz being Suhr. Soft, classy, smooth,etc.

Mitsubishi being Charvel. Functional, good value (USA STD production), can beat it up and not feel bad about it.
              I was more talking a custom shop charvel
              Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                I was more talking a custom shop charvel
                OK then.

Mercedes Benz E-Class vs. Accura TL
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  OK then.

Mercedes Benz E-Class vs. Accura TL
                  ...wait acura
                  Jackson Shred

Comment

I haven't played a Suhr yet, but really, look and listen to them.. I think the winner is obvious.

Also, I've never read a single bad review about Suhr..
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

God dammit no dont say suhrs are better
                      Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                        I haven't played a Suhr yet, but really, look and listen to them.. I think the winner is obvious
                        Yeah, that's pretty much what I was gonna say.

The only small 'issue' with Suhr is that for me, there's no 'vibe' with them. They're very pretty and doubtless play and sound great, but they seem like a session players guitar, rather than a 'rockers' guitar. If that makes any sense...
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

The only small 'issue' with Suhr is that for me, there's no 'vibe' with them. They're very pretty and doubtless play and sound great, but they seem like a session players guitar, rather than a 'rockers' guitar. If that makes any sense...
                          Yeah I get what your saying. Damnit just ended 666 posts
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

I played a suhr modern "I believe thats what it was called" I thought it was amazing but right after I played it I played this
                            http://www.wildwestguitars.com/jacks...elly_death.htm
                            Maybe it was just the graphic but I liked it way better.
                            Then I played one of those de martini "yes I know I spelt it wrong" and thought it was up to par with the suhr in terms of feel.
                            Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

Funny because in my original post I was going to mention that they don't seem like metal guitars, but then I watched a video of Reb Beach playing one and it sounded killer as well.

Most guys that I've seen playing Suhr are session type players though.
                              Originally posted by horns666
                              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                              X