Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibanez Hard Shell Case + Jackson Dinky=?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Hard Shell Case + Jackson Dinky=?

An Ibanez case I have seems like it would work with any superstrat and my Dk fits snuggly. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and had any problems. Any issues with warped necks, the tip of the headstock breaking off, etc.?

What kind of bridge does your DK have? To check for headstock clearance just put the guitar in the case and see if there's space under the point. I gamble it will have at least a bit since Ibanezes sometimes have tilted headstocks.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
      What kind of bridge does your DK have? To check for headstock clearance just put the guitar in the case and see if there's space under the point. I gamble it will have at least a bit since Ibanezes sometimes have tilted headstocks.
      It has a JT580LP. There is no clearance under the point on the headstock and this has me worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        It has a JT580LP. There is no clearance under the point on the headstock and this has me worried.
        Yeah, that is not a good thing. It may be okay to travel very short distances but if you are traveling somewhere it could possibly do damage.

The JT580 should fit okay being that it is low profile like the edge but that headstock point touching should be of concern. If it hit a bump while moving it could do some serious damage.

I would just stick to a different case. Ibanez has nice cases but they aren't suitable for the Jackson headstock by the sounds of things.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
        X