Original Floyd Rose vs. FR1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Floyd Rose vs. FR1000

Lots of confusion on these FR1000 trems. I keep seeing "Original Floyd Rose" listed all over dealer websites and even guitar company websites for guitars with FR1000 trems. Is there a quick visual way to distinguish an FR1000 from an Original German Floyd? I keep reading about some saddle bevel difference but I don't see it in the pics. Are they talking about the bottom edge of the saddle ?

The easiest way to spot one is on the Korean Floyds the back edge of the saddle toward the fine tuners is beveled rather than flat.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      The easiest way to spot one is on the Korean Floyds the back edge of the saddle toward the fine tuners is beveled rather than flat.
      You're talking about on the bottom right ?

Damn I could sware I have some old guitars with OFR's with beveled saddles........... gonna have to go check some out.
      Last edited by Greg Crowe; 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=korean+floyd

Don't forget to thank me.

Maybe I should have named this thread something different - something like "Pics of Korean vs. German Floyd"
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Awesome, THANK YOU ! So the bevel is on the TOP of the back of the saddle. That's exactly what I needed to see.

Comment

Greg, where ya been, bro?! Long time no see!
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

.............and it gets even tougher to identify now.

Check this out, just got it in. This is one of the Asian Floyd Rose trems but it does NOT have the beveled edge on the saddles.

Comment

Just what the heck kind of finish is on that guitar?
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Just what the heck kind of finish is on that guitar?

It's called the "Thoracic" graphic. You can see the spine, ribcage and even the heart behind the ribcage. The body also has a lot of carving, very 3 dimensional, hard to see in the pic.
                  Last edited by Greg Crowe; 09-03-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Is it a new or used one, Greg? Just wondering if somebody might've changed the saddles...

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      Is it a new or used one, Greg? Just wondering if somebody might've changed the saddles...
                      Nah, it's almost brand new. This guitar was at both Winter and Summer NAMM.

Last edited by Greg Crowe; 09-03-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

If it's a NAMM piece, is there a chance they put a real OFR on it rather than the Korean model? I guess you could check the bottom of the baseplate next string change (if you haven't already).

Comment

I checked the bottom, it's the Asian version. No markings on the bottom of the baseplate and the block has the smoother look just like what was posted in the link back up a few posts.

Comment

Wild! I hope it's something they did special just for this one, otherwise it's going to be really hard (or impossible) to tell them from pics. One other thought - you also might be able to tell if they're steel or zinc saddles by checking with a magnet.

Comment

Neat finish. Is it one of those photo/decal types like the Mustaine Deans or is it airbrushed? It's kind of hard to tell in the pics.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X