Straplocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straplocks

I don't know much about strap locks. For guitars with the strap button on the bottom (the neck area one) like LPs and my rhoads and My explorer, do adding strap locks cause it to stick out and not fit in a molded case correctly? (I have the fitted Gibson case.) But are there strap locks that are easy enough to take off, such as by a latch, that can be removed when it's in a case?
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

I use Dunlop and Schaller buttons in the case examples you describe. The buttons take up no more space than the stock ones. The only strap locks I don't care for are the DiMarzio style, (ala Vai and YJM) which leaves part of the strap and disconnect on the guitar. I have one of those and will get rid of it soon.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I put the Schallers on my guitars. I really like them.

Comment

I use Dunlop's.
        Quick and easy and they don't stick out any further than regular strap buttons.
        -Rick

Comment

My pref is for Schaller, although the Dunlops aren't bad either.
          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Schaller here
            Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Answer: NO & NO

Comment

I used Schaller for the longest time, but now I've switched over to Dunlop Dual Design - first tried them because they come on the ProMods. Liked 'em. So I've got them on my strat and my Model 4. I haven't installed them on my Dave Murray or my Adrian Smith yet, or my Ibanez. And my SG still have Schallers on them. Anyway...
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I think I use Schallers on all of my Gibsons. Are they the one with the "pocket" on the strap?

Comment

I use Schallers. On Jacksons I re-use the stock screws, which are the same size but slightly longer.

I don't mind the Dunlops except the screws are huge.

In any case, if you take the strap of your guitar when you put it in the case, neither are a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      I think I use Schallers on all of my Gibsons. Are they the one with the "pocket" on the strap?
                      Yep - the "U" that goes around the pin.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Schaller straplocks here. Love em to death.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm the oddball, I like the Dimarzios. I don't get all the Cliplock hate!

Comment

Well again, I don't know much at all about strap locks, so someone should send me a link to a good one (probably a schaller based on you guys). But my reason for concern was the explorers strap buttons are tiny as hell! Which is weird. Tiny tuners and tiny strap buttons.
                            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Here's an idea... Go to a music store.

Comment

Working...
                              X