Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfL-...eature=related
    What the hell are those on Gavin's guitar?
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Dude, you like Gavin.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Could be either mini switches or pick holding tape. THe other guitarist has them on his Strat as well.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Clarification?

Looks like they taped off the bottom of the pickups to prevent strings from catching on them. Dime used to do the same to his neck pickups.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure that's what it is. I guess they have something like the older hotrails without the 'covers' so the strings could get caught underneath the bobbin because of their 'technique'....

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see anything redeeming about Bush...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see anything redeeming about Bush...
            The dude's banging Gwen Stefani.

Thank him for keeping her too busy to write more horrible songs.

Comment

Well the reason why I didn't think it was tape was because I thought dime used it because his floyd would dip the strings too low and they would get caught, Gavin does not dive bomb nor does he have a floyd. But I guess I am unfamiliar with this kind of taping because on dimes, it doesnt like come off of the pickup.
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Hmm...yeah. Well, your guess is as good as mine on this one.

Comment

At first I thought it might have been like some synth type of thing but thats usually that one little weird box, not attatched to the pups.

Comment

I didn't bother listening but I did look and it looks like they are taped to stop the strings from hanging up. They probably have one song with (a) big dive bombs that it's on there for. Or they thought it would make the guitars look more tortured and in pain.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The thing I noticed while watching the video were those things on his shirt.

Then I realized they were nipples.

The stuff on the guitar looks like gaffer tape to me. Black cloth tape. I have no idea why you would need that with a Strat bridge or Strat single coil (which has a cover) so I'm going to guess it's just for looks... Like Gwen Stefani's career.

Comment

Haha what's with all the Gwen hate?

Comment

I don't hate Gwen but her voice is kind of like cats fucking in a helium chamber.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Haha what's with all the Gwen hate?
                            :think:

WTF dood. I did not say I hate her. I just implied she's a talentless piece of eye-candy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AU-kAnB24I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmi-k...eature=related

Awful, awful stuff.

Comment

All I know is she'd be HOLLERING back if I was gavin haha! (couldn't really figure out a way to make that sexual, man do I miss bill...)

Comment

Working...
                              X