i wanna tear out the pickups in a model4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna tear out the pickups in a model4

man i fucking hate these midboost shit, who has a great sounding model 4? hard rock to old metal, cheap effect and amp? i am thinking just pull the volume and do a one pickup deal ,leave everything intact inside the contorl panel?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Sooo, what kinda pickups are they? I dion't like emg 81sssssss to bright IMHO
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        Sooo, what kinda pickups are they? I dion't like emg 81sssssss to bright IMHO
        81/S/S

I also put in a useless Afterburner in the third hole.

These pickups sound absolutely perfect in this guitar. Screaming leads, full, crisp, crunchy, heavy palm muted stuff. Tight. The single coils are OK. I don't really use them all that much.

You can try the 85 with SA/SA in the middle/neck for more vintage-y warm-y vibes. I have an 85 in my SG I might try out - see how it sounds. Right now, I have so many new perfect guitars, that this poor old fella with his worn frets isn't getting much love.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

You should try the EVH Frankenstein pickup. It sounds great. They are made in the Duncan custom shop.

Comment

T

Throw in a SD Distortion w/ just volume. Use one switch as a kill switch, and another switch to coil split it (which supposedly sounds great for clean stuff). Hell, you could even wire the third switch to run it parrelel, which also supposedly sounds great.

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            man i fucking hate these midboost shit, who has a great sounding model 4? hard rock to old metal, cheap effect and amp? i am thinking just pull the volume and do a one pickup deal ,leave everything intact inside the contorl panel?

Comment

85 neck, sa middle and 81 bridge i have the same setup in my mod 4 and it screams

Comment

Working...
              X