Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the tone/volume knobs come off on a DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the tone/volume knobs come off on a DK2?

How do the tone/volume knobs come off on a DK2? I searched the forum and no luck. I didn't want to risk damaging anything so I thought I’d ask.

Last edited by Trussrod; 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM.

There should be a tiny screw on the side of the knobs. Just turn the screw counter clockwise and pull off the knob.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
      There should be a tiny screw on the side of the knobs. Just turn the screw counter clockwise and pull off the knob.
      I looked and didn't see any set screws. I have another guitar that has set screws so I know what you are talking about. People sell Jackson guitar bodies on ebay with the pots/knobs/switches still in place probably because the knobs aren't easy to remove.

Comment

Maybe these are like the speed and top hat knobs, just pull them straight up and off?
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

If it has no set screw then it is just pressed on. Wiggle it slightly while pulling up on it. Oh.....that sounded bad.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
            People sell Jackson guitar bodies on ebay with the pots/knobs/switches still in place probably because the knobs aren't easy to remove.
            ???

Can't say I've ever had trouble removing any knobs on any guitars.

I DID get a shock when I tried to take the knob off and the whole thing came away in my hand, including the shaft of the pot - it was a push/pull pot.
            I was pleasantly surprised to find it just pushed back in and still works perfectly.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Wiggle it slightly while pulling up on it.
              That did it--thanks a lot! I tried pulling it straight up a few weeks ago and it didn't budge. Hey, I just noticed your username was "StukaJU87." I guess you're a WW II buff.

@Alvin: thanks for your help. Most of my guitars have plastic knobs that pull off easily.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

I have had this problem with my gibson explorer, do you just pull those off as well? I used to have a strat that came off with like no effort, but I am afraid to pull the gibson to hard.
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    I have had this problem with my gibson explorer, do you just pull those off as well? I used to have a strat that came off with like no effort, but I am afraid to pull the gibson to hard.
                    I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom and the plastic knobs pull off pretty easily--no need to even wiggle them from side to side.

Comment

Wow I didn't know that. I love this place. I learn something everyday.
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                        Wow I didn't know that. I love this place. I learn something everyday.
                        Ditto. The amount of expertise on this site is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                          That did it--thanks a lot! I tried pulling it straight up a few weeks ago and it didn't budge. Hey, I just noticed your username was "StukaJU87." I guess you're a WW II buff.
                          You're welcome. Yes, I am a little bit of a warbird enthusiast.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X