No announcement yet.

Where/how to get pro-mod control knobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where/how to get pro-mod control knobs?

I'm in the process of modernizing my Model 4's (locking nuts, new electronics, etc.) and would like nothing more than to swap out all of the smooth old-skool control knobs for these things. That seller parts 'em out one at a time; I need at least six and as many as eleven.

Does anybody know how I could get my grubby little hands on that sort of quantity without getting them one at a time off the 'bay? Are they produced in-house for Charvel? Do they order them from somewhere I could potentially order from as well? Would it be possible to order a bunch from Charvel itself? I'm probably just gonna end up trying that, but I figured I'd ask the forum brain-trust first.

(Pardon me if this is the wrong place, it was either here or the Charvel USA forum.)

Don't know about ordering direct, but you could email the guy who sells on eBay and see if he can put together an order for you - at a discount because it would save him time and eBay fees.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

These are ugly but might work other wise the gibson speed knobs and the fender strat ones might work better.
      http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/g...bs_hipshot.htm
      guitar electronics has some with a coarse outside but the are metal and not rubber coated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        These are ugly
        So they're just like the Pro Mod knobs, then?

The Pro Mod knobs are for solid-shaft pots. They won't fit very well on split-shaft and typical dome knobs won't fit on solid-shaft pots, either. Something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          So they're just like the Pro Mod knobs, then?

The Pro Mod knobs are for solid-shaft pots. They won't fit very well on split-shaft and typical dome knobs won't fit on solid-shaft pots, either. Something to think about.
          I bought a regular dome knob in an Allparts blister pack and it fit fine on my solid shaft.
          Blank yo!

Comment

If it's for a solid shaft pot, it will fit. Some of them are, some of them aren't. Allparts has a pretty good selection of either type. Warmoth and stewmac only have knobs for solid-shaft pots as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              Allparts has a pretty good selection of either type.
              FYI - the Allparts knob is very nice - nearly identical, if not identical to the OEM that came on my Adrian Smith Jackson.

Just putting that out there since there's a lot of shitty knobs on the market... cough... cough... guitar parts depot!
              Blank yo!

Comment

Yes, the GPD ones are SHIT!

They don't fit solid-shaft pots, and they're way looser than the Warmoth ones on a split-shaft pot. I'm not sure what they actually fit!

Comment

Working...
                X