Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will replace the San Dimas style 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will replace the San Dimas style 2?

The title says it all.

A Star? *Crosses fingers*

It'll never happen...
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I think it will be a one hum strat.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Rosewood SD or Socal.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
          A Star? *Crosses fingers*

It'll never happen...
          Jesus Christ I hope so, if it's a star (but will never happen) or a white star at that (not even in a million years) I will trade my tangerine socal or kidney!
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

JvicE

Comment

Scott Splawn has an SD1 dinky oiled body and a regular SD1 Mah oiled on his site. Both are production guitars with grover tuners and the little stickers on the neck plate just like the current pro mods?

Comment

I don't believe that the Charvel on Splawn's site is a real Charvel, because he says it's an SD1s with "custom" body. Looks like someone replaced the body, because the switch position is wrong. You can't say "SD1" and "custom" in the same sentence

------------

In Japan there's a so-called "USA Custom Production Series". We will probably get something similar instead of the SD2
                http://jacksonstars.fender.jp/hotgea...production.php
                Last edited by busdriver; 08-14-2009, 03:14 AM. Reason: picture added

Comment

maybe they are just going to offer 2 colors each time instead of one and not put out another guitar.

Comment

Whatever it may be, it's going to be a body shape that Fender's production line is making already.
                    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Ebony SD or Socal.
                      You see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        You see what I did there?
                        Well... I was trying to be realistic...
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Well... I was trying to be realistic...
                          Well THAT'S no fun!

In all seriousness I would LOVE to see some nice rosewood fingerboards but that would be a pretty major change to their production line. I mean, making a different body is, too, but not on the overall process.

Right now they are cranking out a pile of maple Charvel 1-piece necks to put on all 3 current models. That one neck goes on any of the 3 guitars.

To do a different neck... That would deviate from the current production tactics more than just changing the 3rd body to something else... Like a top-routed 1-humbucker San Dimas Strat (white with gold hardware YES DO IT DO IT!!!!)

Not saying it won't happen (and I'd be pleased if it did, actually) but I'm more expecting them to do a 3-pickup SoCal (1H 2S) or a 1H San Dimas Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                            To do a different neck... That would deviate from the current production tactics more than just changing the 3rd body to something else... Like a top-routed 1-humbucker San Dimas Strat (white with gold hardware YES DO IT DO IT!!!!)
                            I don't know. It might be the equivalent of a different body. It might have been too much to do with a different body:

Inital run:
                            - 3 body styles
                            - 1 neck style

6th Batch:
                            - 2 Body styles
                            - 2 neck styles

Hmm... sounds like the regular Fender Am Std production line...

And as for the 1 hum - give it up!!! Ain't gunna happen.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

And as for the 1 hum - give it up!!! Ain't gunna happen.
                              :think:

But... Hear me out, man... If they do white/gold 1-hum with a white pickup, they will sell at least ONE, to me, which would be ONE MORE than the number of San Dimas Style 2's that have sold TOTAL! :idea:

Comment

Working...
                              X