San Dimas Neck Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Neck Addiction

Ive been stockpiling San Dimas necks and mating them to slightly trippy bodies. Here are the first two results:

Oh fuck yeah.... badass!
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Both very cool builds..nice work!

Comment

Love the purple one.
        -Rick

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Bottom one looks like a sunset on the ocean!

Comment

I like!

Where are you getting the bodies?

Comment

OMG, that first one is so bad ass!

Comment

Glad you like! I'm using Warmoth bodies, and widening the neck pockets just a tad, as San Dimas necks are just a bit wider than normal. The finishes are Warmoth also on the first two. I've been prowling Warmoth's "in stock" section looking for out of the ordinary finishes to keep with the San Dimas "loud" motif.

Number 3 will be this Herc Fede swirled body. I am currently having it clearcoated by my friend Mike Sherman.

Mike is also building me the body for #4 which will look similar to this:

I also have a 7 string San Dimas Sherman build in the works. He is using an authentic San Dimas 6 neck to mirror the dimensions and carve in a 7 string format for me. The finish should be quite loud, here is a test sample of the burst so far:

For those that like obnoxious, as I do very much, here is one of my newer Sherman builds in progress:

If you would like to read a thread of my ongoing Sherman builds (and pretty much complete financial disregard, lol), here is my updating thread:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/...ike-today.html

Comment

Very nice stuff
                    Dave

Comment

Perhaps a dumb question, but it won't be my first. Where are you getting all of the necks you are stock piling? I would love to have one of them, but the ones I'm seeing on evil-bay are going for a pretty penny.

Comment

Originally posted by EVHwannabe View Post
                        Perhaps a dumb question, but it won't be my first. Where are you getting all of the necks you are stock piling? I would love to have one of them, but the ones I'm seeing on evil-bay are going for a pretty penny.
                        I stalk ebay, and there seems to be 3 main sellers of them. Reliablefender (IIRC) is the most expensive of the three, but occasionally, if you watch daily, there is a #3 (by volume) seller that moves them in the 300'ish neigborhood - loaded. Those are the ones I jump on evertime I see come up.

Comment

that yellow swirl is insane!
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Beautiful work bud, where do you get the necks?

Edit: sorry, I missed the above answer

Comment

The blue/orange burst is a real beauty.
                              I can't wait to see how the yellow swirl turns out - that body is bad for the eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X