Takeuchi JT580

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi JT580

I recently acquired a PC-3 which has the Takeuchi trem. I'm thinking about swaping out the trem block but I'm not sure about the size. Can anyone make any recommendations about size and material (brass, titanium, etc.)?

BTW, I'm digging the guitar even though it has the duncan design pups. I have PATB1 and some Dimarzio single coils coming my way. I'm also considering installing a Sustaniac Stealth Pro.

TIA for any suggestions on the Trem.

Good luck finding a block to fit it.
    IIRC, a Floyd block will not fit, so you will have to have one made.
    You could just put a Floyd in it like I did on my PC3.

And the block is a 32mm
    -Rick

Comment

No idea about the trem block but great score and welcome to the forum!

Any pics of this PC-3?
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I swapped a real floyd block on a jt580. perfect fit. As long as it's not the really old tak trem with the long block that has the bar inserted into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          I swapped a real floyd block on a jt580. perfect fit. As long as it's not the really old tak trem with the long block that has the bar inserted into it.
          That's the one I was thinking of. The holes didn't line up right with a Floyd block.

I just picked up another Takeuchi made JT-580LP... looks like I'll have to pull it apart and see if the extra Floyd block I have will fit.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Good luck finding a block to fit it.
            IIRC, a Floyd block will not fit, so you will have to have one made.
            You could just put a Floyd in it like I did on my PC3.

And the block is a 32mm
            Was it simply a drop-in replacement, or did you have to redrill the post holes? Also, is the Tak trem wider than the ofr, or is the route supposed to look like that?

Thanks

Comment

The post spacing is the same. the jt580 is bigger so yep it looks like that because of the smaller size.

Comment

Originally posted by trenolds View Post
                Was it simply a drop-in replacement, or did you have to redrill the post holes? Also, is the Tak trem wider than the ofr, or is the route supposed to look like that?

Thanks
                Yep... simple drop in replacement.
                Like Rich said, the base plate on the JT is wider, but the post spacing is the same.
                -Rick

Comment

excuse my ignorance... how do you know if a 580 is a takeuchi?
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

excuse my ignorance... how do you know if a 580 is a takeuchi?
                    It says it on the block.

Comment

I had a spare Floyd (Korean from an SD1) sitting around and tried to replace the Takeuchi JT580LP in my Fusion HH with it.

The base plate was flat against the bottom of the tremolo recess at the front (between the posts) and the action was still too high.

I had no problems doing the swap on my SL2 though.

I know the 580 and 580LP are different, but sometimes this just doesn't work out.

Comment

Working...
                      X