bell brass for trem block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bell brass for trem block

Do anyone know where to get bell brass to make a custom trem block? I'd like to upgrade my JT580LP from the stock pot metal block.

Have you looked at Floydupgrades.com? They have different sizes and types of brass and titanium. I'm going to get a brass one soon for my Demmel. Go read the reviews and see what you think. Might be worth a look depending on what you want. (I'm not affiliated with them, lol, just an interested potential customer). Hope that helps.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
      Have you looked at Floydupgrades.com?
      I have and you might want to check KillerGuitarComponents--they're blocks are massive and function as a trem stop too. http://killerguitarcomponents.com/

I was looking for a link to a vendor that sells raw blocks of bell brass so that I can machine my own. Not sure if I really want to, but I'd like to explore the option.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        I have and you might want to check KillerGuitarComponents--they're blocks are massive and function as a trem stop too. http://killerguitarcomponents.com/

I was looking for a link to a vendor that sells raw blocks of bell brass so that I can machine my own. Not sure if I really want to, but I'd like to explore the option.
        Look in your local yellow pages for someone that retails nonferrous metals. Someone in your area sells Aluminum, Brass , Etc. contact them, even if they don't handle Brass, they can probably tell you who does.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
          Look in your local yellow pages for someone that retails nonferrous metals. Someone in your area sells Aluminum, Brass , Etc. contact them, even if they don't handle Brass, they can probably tell you who does.
          Good idea, thanks.

Comment

Yeah. You might have to machine one yourself. The ones you mentioned are made specifically for an OFR or certain variants. The mounting screw spacing and threads probably don't match up to the ones on a JT580LP.
            Btw, I do own one from Floydupgrades and it is a nice mod.
            My gear
            87 Charvel Model 6
            86 Charvel Model 4
            93 Jackson RR EX
            93 Jackson Kelly STD
            88 Ibanez RG560
            99 Schecter Diamond C-7
            Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Working...
            X