Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG trem isn't centered, grinding against side

Hi everyone,

I have had a DKMG for about 11 months, and it was my first guitar. Absolutely love it, but now that I started using the tremolo to its extremes I realised that the bridge is rubbing against the body cavity when I pulled up on it to raise the pitch. I'm sure if I had of been an experienced player I would have noticed it before I bought it...

You can see from the pics below that the bridge wasn't installed correctly, the anchor posts are off center. I have been told that the only way to fix it is to remove the bridge anchor posts, fill the holes in and redrill them in the correct spot. The music store I bought it from agreed, and they are sending it back to Jackson under warranty.

red arrow shows the paint damage where it was hitting.

This is the other side, where there is a large gap by comparison

I have a couple of concerns, my first is whether Jackson would repair this or just replace the guitar. I have been told that a repair job would weaken the body, and replacing the body would be a big job to transfer over all the electronics and neck etc. Anybody know what they might do in this situation?

Second is how long might this take once Jackson receive it? (I'm in Australia, so I guess it would be the Australian arm of Jackson). It's only been a week since I left it at the store, and I'm already losing my mind I've spent every day browsing for another guitar to buy in the meantime... and I have nothing better to do than post this haha.

Cheers! any comments would be appreciated =)

Jackson will most likely just replace the entire guitar.
    -Rick

Comment

As long as the strings line up along the neck and are not too close to the edge of the board, they'll probably just expand the route on that side a touch and refinish it. Expanding the route is the easy part.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X