how much should i pay for refret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much should i pay for refret

Have a Kelly pro that needs refretting, and a complete action intotation set up

what should i expect to pay?

I'd say around $200-$300 for a job done right.
    Scott

Comment

$300 is pretty standard in the U.S.

Comment

I paid 60€ ($85?) for a fret job. I supplied the frets myself. It came out perfect, just like new. On par with Jackson USA Custom Shop.

I'm surprised it costs that much in US.

Comment

Axewielder is right.
          300 is the going price.

Comment

Is it possible to do the first parts yourself? Just pull the old ones, rough cut then bang in some new ones, then take it in for the finishing?

Would it make it cheaper?

Comment

200-300 is what i was expecting, just asking some opinions, thank you

Comment

$350 after tax in NYC - This was also a premier job.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

$375 seems is what the damage is going to be, and thats with a set up, shit

Comment

Originally posted by scandoslav View Post
                    Is it possible to do the first parts yourself? Just pull the old ones, rough cut then bang in some new ones, then take it in for the finishing?

Would it make it cheaper?
                    Yeah, it would, but you would have to practice on a number of junker necks. By the time you got the experience to do it, you could do the whole job. Another words, if you don't have a good deal of experience, don't expect a decent job. Also, if it wasn't done to the luthier's satisfaction he might have to do the entire process over.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                      Have a Kelly pro that needs refretting, and a complete action intotation set up

what should i expect to pay?
                      If that's a real Kelly Pro (i.e. MIJ neck thru) I'd get the refret. Some refrets don't make sense, like if it were a KE3. It would be cheaper to get a new neck or guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        If that's a real Kelly Pro (i.e. MIJ neck thru) I'd get the refret. Some refrets don't make sense, like if it were a KE3. It would be cheaper to get a new neck or guitar.
                        Its a real kelly pro

Comment

I've got a chip on one fret. A fret dress might fix it, haven't really given it much thought, but has anyone ever had just one fret replaced. I understand that you would need a fret dress to get it level but I was just curious to see if it's been done.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeggar View Post
                            I've got a chip on one fret. A fret dress might fix it, haven't really given it much thought, but has anyone ever had just one fret replaced. I understand that you would need a fret dress to get it level but I was just curious to see if it's been done.
                            Sure, I've done it a few times.
                            Not a big deal.

Comment

Cool another job for my guitar tech then.
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X