Length or width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length or width?

So I was reading yet another thread about swapping a neck for a warmoth neck or a 22 for a 24 (you know who you are) and something occurred to me - where is the widest point on a 22 fret neck? Where is the widest point on a 24 fret neck?

Jackson uses the same heel width on a 24 fret neck (2 1/4") as they do on a 22 fret neck. Since a neck widens continuously (true statement?) from the nut to the heel, that means that the widest points on each neck must occur at a different place - say 17th fret vs. 19th fret.

Anyone thought about this?

Anyone care?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Just checked my WRMG neck - it's 2 1/4" wide at the 23rd fret. The only 22 fret Jackson neck I have to compare (that's not already attached to something) measures 2 3/16" at the 21st fret, but that's an old San Dimas neck.

And that's measuring at the heel, not the fretboard.

And yes, the heel does widen continuously on both all the way to the end.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm assuming its not an overhang neck for the 24 fret?
      and yes your theory is true about the width vs length. I run into it here at the shop swapping 22 and 24 fret necks.

Comment

Working...
      X