Can you put covers on any pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you put covers on any pickup?

Here's the deal. I'm going to have a guitar painted with a graphic and I want to put covers on the pups to keep the graphic consistent. I see the solid pickup covers on the allparts site that have no holes for the pup poles.

Will these be ok for covering the pup tonewise? I'm plannin on covering the single coils and the humbuckers with them.

Thanks in advance.

wondering this myself..

Comment

I just found an entire thread about this topic. So let me be more specific.

Will a painted plastic pup cover affect the tone of a guitar in a drastic way?

Comment

No, absolutely not. But why even cover the pickup? If the painter is good, he can paint right onto the pickup. I've had that done with great success.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          No, absolutely not. But why even cover the pickup? If the painter is good, he can paint right onto the pickup. I've had that done with great success.
          Only reason I can think of is if he wants to swap the pups out for something else, and then put those pups into yet another guitar, he won't have to bust out the paint thinner & call the artist for another job.

Comment

I've used pickup covers on humbuckers in the past. I should prolly get some covers and have the artist do those to match the artwork on the guitar.:idea:
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
            X