sd blackout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sd blackout problem

he guys i just installed a seymour duncan blackout in my soloist professional and it has a really bad hum...sounds like a bad ground..i have it wired 1 pickup 1 vol. with a ground going to bridge..the pickup sounds awsome but cant get rid of the hum.i have the hard wired version..is there something that is susposed to go on the quick connect if you are not using it

please help

no ground should be to the bridge on an active. did you get it from soultech76 on ebay? if so that was me and i got it off of a member here, but i never installed it. if there is an issue with the pick up let me know(if i sold it to you that is) cause if there is i need to talk to the guy i got it from.

Comment

no man ..i bought it new...the diagram shows to put a ground for 1pickup 1 vol

Comment

Funny most actives don't require a ground to the bridge.Did you wire the stereo jack correctly?Did you ground the switch?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

nope. double check your diagram
          no ground to the bridge. theres no diagram for single vol single pickup.
          http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/...501020-110.pdf

Comment

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ic=blackout_1v

sure there is check it out

Comment

hmm youre right it does say that, but it doesnt make any sense to ground to the bridge w/ 1 but not 2 pickups. i'd have to say duncan messed up on that one. seriously remove the ground from the bridge and see what happens. if that doesnt work then i dont know what the problem would be. in no way tryin to be an ass, just tryin to help.

Comment

My duncan live wire didn't call for a ground.

Comment

removed the ground..its not better or worse (getting very annoyed)

Comment

Cold solder joint?

Comment

completly lost me there straycat....Cold solder joint?

Comment

that means not a good connection on a solder point

Comment

they all seem solid..i guess its going to have to see a tech...is there anyway it could be a faulty pickup

Comment

Do you still have the preamp installed? If so, that´s your problem right there, EMGs, LWs and Blackouts don´t usually like the JE-series preamp circuits....

Comment

Also, if you aren't using the quick connect it might be worth wrapping it in some heatshrink tubing or electricians tape in case it is grounding out in the cavity somehow.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X