Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One humbucker,V trem USA production model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One humbucker,V trem USA production model?

Would anyone else like charvel to add a single pu, Vintage style trem model(san dimas classic?) to the more affordable USA production line? The idea to offer the production series was to offer charvel lovers a money saving model so i dont see a prob with offering this since it would cost even less to produce than the exsisting production models.
    Oh yeah great idea i would buy 1 or more! I Love the old school charvel vibe it would have
    46.67%
    Nah nobody wants a stripped down version of the SD style 1 !
    53.33%
    Last edited by savage; 07-20-2009, 11:40 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Would I like to see it? Sure.

Would a lot of people love a non-Floyd nut Charvel neck? Holy crap yes.

Should they build it? Nah.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Would I like to see it? Sure.

Would a lot of people love a non-Floyd nut Charvel neck? Holy crap yes.

Should they build it? Nah.
      why not? I cant afford a CS version as i am sure many can not so this would allow some who do not like a OFR and have no need for a neck pup to reconsider a charvel purchase.
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I voted no for a few reasons. First, I don't think they'd sell well at all. Second, I wouldn't be surprised if the quality brass v-trems cost them quite a bit more than the Korean floyds, and I would hate to see them use some cost-cutting alternative. Third, I think there might be a perception (even if it's wrong) that the guitars were too similar to Fender Strats.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
          why not? I cant afford a CS version as i am sure many can not so this would allow some who do not like a OFR and have no need for a neck pup to reconsider a charvel purchase.
          It would be a major machining change to put this on the production line -

- trem route
          - neck pocket route
          - nut route

All of that equals added cost.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Those are excellent points, too. I should have also added that if I really wanted a v-trem I probably would've voted yes, since this poll seems to be more about whether or not we'd want one than whether we think it'd be a good idea or not.

Comment

- trem route
              - neck pocket route
              - nut route

All of that equals added cost
              I don't think there would be a neck pocket route change. The pro mods do not have angled necks as far as I can see.

Comment

In a perfect world i would just rather snag another original like my 81 but that is not at all gonna happen any time soon,so my only other option is a CS one but it is a costy option. I always wanted a single bucker strat head my 81 has the V-trem but has 2 buckers. Dont get me wrong i love the USA production models as offered but i did wonder why charvel didnt get real "rootsy" and offer a classic version from the onset of the USA production line?
                Last edited by savage; 07-20-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  I don't think there would be a neck pocket route change. The pro mods do not have angled necks as far as I can see.
                  Yeah, they do. Its slight, but you can see it by sighting down the side markers on the bass side (I guess you could actually measure it, too).
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Can we do hardtail instead of v-trem? Then I'd love to see it.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Ding ding ding. This would be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                        Ding ding ding. This would be a winner.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Blech - no thanks!!!
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I would expect that the actually market for a one hum v-trem'd wonder to be very very small.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

- trem route
                              - neck pocket route
                              - nut route

All of that equals added cost.
                              If its CNC then is just a matter of a minor change in the program.
                              Originally posted by dg
                              Third, I think there might be a perception (even if it's wrong) that the guitars were too similar to Fender Strats.
                              The early Charvels were just hot rodded strats.

Comment

Working...
                              X