Wireless...UHF or VHF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless...UHF or VHF?

What's better in guitar wireless systems, and why? UHF or VHF?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

There is a big change coming (or has it happened already?) in wireless frequency use. I'd make sure it is compliant with the new FCC standards, regardless of what I got.

I've been looking at the Line 6 wireless, they make one that mounts right on the pedal board. It is compliant with the new FCC deal, and I have heard a lot of good reviews on it. I believe it is a UHF device.

Comment

UHF is the industry standard and has been for many years now. The older ones are VHF.

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
        I've been looking at the Line 6 wireless, they make one that mounts right on the pedal board. It is compliant with the new FCC deal, and I have heard a lot of good reviews on it.
        I've had the XDS95 for about 2 years now and really like it. For the price and the great sound out of it, you can't go wrong. I've heard of people having issues with the standard cable, but I haven't had any issues yet. When I get around to rewiring my pedal board, I'll probably wire up a little beefier replacement cable just to be safe.

I'd stay away from anything VHF. All of the units I've heard sounded like canned ass.
        Last edited by Gank; 07-19-2009, 11:31 PM.
        Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

the goverment is recapturing a number of UHF frequencies to appease the cell phone lobbiests who want more bandwidth.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
          X