Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just read that one of my fav solo's was played on a charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read that one of my fav solo's was played on a charvel!

I just found out that dave gilmour played the "comfortably numb" solo on a 81 charvel neck(no wonder he played so great! LOL!)
    To bad DG didnt' keep using charvels? With players like him and gary moore playing charvels it would shut up the people who say ignorant statements like "charvel is just for shredders and not bluesy feel players" anybody else play a charvel that is not a shredder? I know beck piayed a jackson soloist
    Last edited by savage; 07-19-2009, 01:34 PM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Eric Johnson played a Charvel back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
      Eric Johnson played a Charvel back in the day.
      wow did not know that! Any pics of him with it?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Yep - The Black Strat had a Charvel neck, a humbucker and a Kahler at efferent points in it's life.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Bryan Adams played one too a black strat head.His guitar player had one too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
            wow did not know that! Any pics of him with it?
            Here you go, with a Floyd Rose and a spiky hairdo:

Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
              Here you go, with a Floyd Rose and a spiky hairdo:

thanks! Real sweet charvel!
              81 or older right?
              Last edited by savage; 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

The only reason he stopped using the Charvel neck was because

A. it was in bad shape after hanging in a Hard Rock Cafe for years.

and

B. he really liked the feel of his '57 reissue Strat necks he was using at the time.

He even played a Charvel on several occasions. Including the time he used a 25th Anniversary Charvel at the Colombian Volcano Appeal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyM-Qn73JE

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

and

B. he really liked the feel of his '57 reissue Strat necks he was using at the time.

He even played a Charvel on several occasions. Including the time he used a 25th Anniversary Charvel at the Colombian Volcano Appeal:

exellent!

Comment

He used a 25th anniversary Charvel in 1986 eh?
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                      thanks! Real sweet charvel!
                      81 or older right?
                      I think you'll have to get one of the big Charvie experts here to try to date it.

That guitar was apparently onstage, but not used, during the big guitar duel finale in "Crossroads". Steve Vai owned it for a while. You can read more about the guitar here: Vai/Johnson guitar
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                        I think you'll have to get one of the big Charvie experts here to try to date it.

That guitar was apparently onstage, but not used, during the big guitar duel finale in "Crossroads". Steve Vai owned it for a while. You can read more about the guitar here: Vai/Johnson guitar
                        damn that is a oversized logo! If that was listed on ebay some would yell FAKE!
                        LOL..!

Comment

I was reading an old Guitar For The Practicing Musician mag the other day from 1985 and it had an interview with Tommy Shaw from Styx. He had just finished recording a solo album and said his current main guitar was a Charvel. He said that he loved it. He'd used it to record but wouldn't take it on the road with him for fear of something happening to it. No pics though.

Comment

and

I think the 25th anni. Charvels were "modeled after" that guitar, at least I remember hearing something to that extent. But I seriously doubt he played a 25th anni. in `86

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                              I was reading an old Guitar For The Practicing Musician mag the other day from 1985 and it had an interview with Tommy Shaw from Styx. He had just finished recording a solo album and said his current main guitar was a Charvel. He said that he loved it. He'd used it to record but wouldn't take it on the road with him for fear of something happening to it. No pics though.
                              cool! He definitely valued it as i would!
                              My 81 never leaves the house and for good reasom it is not like i could just replace it!

Comment

Working...
                              X