Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shattered Glass "With Blood" - How hard to DIY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Glass "With Blood" - How hard to DIY?

I have an SL2H in the Shattered Glass finish and I recently noticed this Custom Shop on the 'Bay:

So how hard do you think it would be to add the "with blood" part at home? I'm fairly handy with an airbrush, but I'm FAR from an expert.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Do an inverse mask where the open places are where you want the blood.

While you're at it, inverse mask the yellow lines and go over them with black - looks a lot better and less cartoonish IMO

Last edited by Newc; 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Myself, I would hand letter it with One Shot and Clear over it with a Urethane, but my hand lettering is a specialty and I like how hand lettering looks.

You must put a drop or two of the urethane hardener in the One Shot. I'm not talking about rattle can urethane.

Comment

+1 what Newc said.

Its not hard to pull off.

Comment

Originally posted by KckStrt View Post
          Myself, I would hand letter it with One Shot and Clear over it with a Urethane, but my hand lettering is a specialty and I like how hand lettering looks.

You must put a drop or two of the urethane hardener in the One Shot. I'm not talking about rattle can urethane.

Like this? Or something a little less fancy?

:ROTF:

He's looking to add the blood to the glass, not the words "with blood"
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

HAHA.... he said "with blood". In English that would indicate text... :ROTF:

Either way... Good luck.

Comment

That's the name of the finish - "Shattered Glass With Blood". The normal Shattered Glass doesn't have the blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Do an inverse mask where the open places are where you want the blood.

While you're at it, inverse mask the yellow lines and go over them with black - looks a lot better and less cartoonish IMO

Hmmm.. did yours begin life with the yellow lines or is that a different paint scheme? I personally always felt that the factory Shattered Glass finish looked cartoonish, so maybe that's the reason.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                X