JE-1200 Midboost issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1200 Midboost issues

Hey everyone, first post here. I have seen a lot of cool stuff in here and a ton of great info. Started playing about 30+ years ago, but the last 10 years have been family and motorcycles. Guitars have been in storage until lately... and I am loving it!!!

I have searched and found on thread about distorted or fuzz box sound with a model 4 with JE1200 electronics. Well, mine is now doing it. I just took the entire guitar apart, repainted it and assembled it and low and behold it sounds like crap, no clean sound at all. I have rewired it 3 times and I am thinking the Midboost board is screwed.

Any ideas?

I did find a replacement part I could get, or should I just upgrade the pups all through it. If I was to replace the pups what would you guys recomend... I play crunchy kinda blues, hard rock, some metal.

Thanks for any help!

FIXED!

Thanks to all those who have gone before me and I was able to find wiring schematics here. Way cool... the Model 4M sounds like a dream!

Before

After

Comment

Glad it worked out- Nice looking axe! You did a good job.

Comment

Thank you....
        Looking at it now and knowing what I know about sanding, painting and finishing, I would do some things different.

Comment

Working...
        X