Black R3 nut for WR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black R3 nut for WR1

My re-painted WR1 is almost done now. The guy who's putting it together has found the R4 nut that came with the OFR I bought doesn't fit properly. WTF can I find a black R3? Nothing on google or ebay..
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Fuck that Ebay stuff, it's probably some licensed junk pretending to be a real OFR nut anyway.

Warmoth, guitarpartsdepot.com, stewmac.com all have "real" Floyd nuts in a variety of sizes and colors, including black and R3.

Comment

Those R3 nuts are hard to find! This guy is in the US, but I've bought from him before and yes these are original Floyd parts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Floyd-Rose-Origi...3286.m20.l1116

I've not seen the R3's at stew mac, not sure about the other sources.

Comment

Chances are if it's a genuine R4 nut and it doesn't fit, the R3 won't ft either. Those two have the same dimensions width-wise, the only difference being the spacing (R2 spacing, R4 frame, so to speak). Maybe you've a narrower neck on the WR1?
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
          Chances are if it's a genuine R4 nut and it doesn't fit, the R3 won't ft either. Those two have the same dimensions width-wise, the only difference being the spacing (R2 spacing, R4 frame, so to speak). Maybe you've a narrower neck on the WR1?
          The R3's are definitely a bit narrower. My understanding is Jackson uses R3's on bound necks and R4's on unbound necks. The fact that you had a R4 on there really surprises me.

Comment

The chrome R3 is staying on til I can find a replacement in black.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

http://www.warmoth.com/Floyd-Rose-Lo...-P274C839.aspx

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/prod...&product=10291

I thought for sure stewmac had these as well but as was pointed out, they do not have R3's.

Both of the above links will get you a Schaller/OFR nut. Both places are reputable and do international orders.

Comment

Sorry Wilkinsi, I should have let you know that I've found a black R3 nut in my shed. I've fitted it already. I also found a black allen key holder, a black toggle switch cap and spent some time boring out two domed knobs to fit the CTS shafts on your Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  The R3's are definitely a bit narrower. My understanding is Jackson uses R3's on bound necks and R4's on unbound necks. The fact that you had a R4 on there really surprises me.
                  I think you mean this the other way around, or?

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
                    Sorry Wilkinsi, I should have let you know that I've found a black R3 nut in my shed. I've fitted it already. I also found a black allen key holder, a black toggle switch cap and spent some time boring out two domed knobs to fit the CTS shafts on your Warrior.
                    Thanks!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                      I think you mean this the other way around, or?
                      Don't think so. The narrower nut makes room for the binding. I'm sure there are exceptions, or hell I could just be totally wrong. I need to pop my nut off and check it now...

Comment

The R3 is slightly narrower than the R4, hence digging around in my shit heap of a shed for an hour trying to find one. I think I have enough parts to put together another 3 guitars. I also found a Kahler unit (off a Model 2) two JT6's (?) a J50 and a J90 and a neck off a Model 2...I really should tidy up a bit.

Comment

The suspense is killing me Sean. When are ya bringing my WR1 back?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                          X