Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose floyd Arm?

Whats the Fix?
    I'm talking about a recent floyd, with the collar.....
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

I have this problem too
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

New bar and insert from StewMac.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        The Floyd is only about 6 months old... kinda a letdown....
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Did it stay tight before? I had to get a differant bar because the one thet they threw in the case wouldn't stay in place Apparently there are quite a few bars that will fit but the one that will hold your bar in place where you want it has a pin just under the collar instead of a washer or ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
            Did it stay tight before? I had to get a differant bar because the one thet they threw in the case wouldn't stay in place Apparently there are quite a few bars that will fit but the one that will hold your bar in place where you want it has a pin just under the collar instead of a washer or ring.
            This has a Pin. It stayed tight before and the pin looks likes it even on both sides...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              +1...do NOT buy one from Allparts, they are licensed garbage

Comment

You could try some teflon tape wrapped around the bar where it inserts into the collar and/or around the threads of the collar. Seems to work ok so long as you don't mind having to reapply the tape if you take the arm on and off a lot (for example to put the guitar in a case).
                Dave

Comment

If the Floyd is not German OFR, then this is a common problem. The StewMac replacement part is German (Schaller OFR) and will tighten up nicely.

Comment

All my Floyd's are the German made OFR's. (I have 21 Floyd equipped guitars) Several of them have loose fitting arms. It seems their manufacturing tolerences are out and that each block to arm assembly is not test fitted at the QC inspection stage (if they have a QC inspection stage) before they leave the factory.
                    This post has prompted me to take a closer look. I would imagine the Teflon tape method would be a quick fix.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

this is a german Floyd as well.
                      Thanks guys, Ill try the teflon tape

Comment

Working...
                      X