RR3 Electronics Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 Electronics Question

I just got an RR3 which has a volume for each pickup and a master tone. The funny thing is that if the master tone is turned all the way up there is still sound from the pickup that is turned all the way down. If the volume AND the master tone are turned all the way down there is no sound. Has anyone had this problem? Maybe I sould disconnect that tone pot since I don't use it anyway, but I don't know if that would cause other problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

First off see if these are B series pots. If they are they don't always shut off completely..If they are B series pots replace them with A series pots to solve the problem.
    It could also be how the tone cap is coupled to the volume pot(s). If you can post a picture of the controls or a schematic of how they have it wired. It could be as simple as switching which leg the cap is bleeding to ground from.

Comment

I need to charge the battery on my camera. I'll send apicture of the electronics in the morning. Thanks

Comment

Does that say B500 on the back of the pot? I can't tell for sure.
        Thanks

Comment

The volume pots say A500 and the tone pot has solder over the letter but I assume it's also an A series.

Comment

A series pots usually don't have that problem. I'm betting they used a B in the tone and that its not coming completely out of the circuit. Change the tone pot and I bet your problem goes away.

Comment

OK, I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
              X