Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how do those Pro Mod gig bags hold up for shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do those Pro Mod gig bags hold up for shipping?

No dealers nearby, so I'd have to order one from out of state. The only thing holding me up is the gig bag. I don't mind 'em per se, but worry about damage to the guitar in shipping.

The beauty of Strats is they don't have points or tilted-back headstock, so they do better in shipping.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yup - wrap some duct tape around the gig bag, slap on a mailing label and you're good to go.

Seriously, any reputable dealer should pack the guitar to make it to you in one piece.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        The beauty of Strats is they don't have points or tilted-back headstock, so they do better in shipping.

+1 on that. I have shipped and received a lot of guitars and never had a problem, but I feel better about shipping a Strat than a Les Paul.

I bought a SoCal from an out of state dealer and he put a label on the factory box and sent it off. So cardboard box and inside was no packing, only the gigbag. Everything was fine. Stuff happens but I would buy insurance, buy from a reputable dealer and figure the odds are with you.

Comment

I ordered a hard case with mine, so I wasn't too concerned.

Seriously, though, I like to have a hard case for every guitar.

Comment

I bought mine used but it was shipped in the original box and gig bag. arrived fine.

Comment

The original shipping box that we get with them is designed to hold the headstock in a stable place inside the box, (inside the gig bag)

so it should be fine.

Ask around, I have sold 25 or so of these guitars on this very forum.. shouldnt be a problem as long as your dealer does like I do, and uses the original box and or a case
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I forgot who the dealer was, but there's a guy who was throwing in a free skb case of you got your guitar from him.

Comment

I've seen one too many bolt-on Strat-heads which were bounced around on the headstock for one too many miles. Neck mounted crooked, wood crushed in the neck pocket. I would expect that as long as it's shipped in the original box it'd be OK but those G&G cases suck and a gig back in a cardboard box with a little bubble wrap sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Well, it arrived today in one piece. Basic black San Dimas 1. Very nice guitar. Very nice. I can see what the ruckus has been about.

Comment

Working...
                    X