EMG PA-2 Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG PA-2 Booster

Does anyone have any experience with the EMG PA-2 booster? How do you guys like it, and do you think it is worth it to have it or just pointless. Thanks.
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Gain boosters have their place, but not with and EMG 81 through a massive high-gain amp. Typically, wherever you would use a gain boosting footpedal, you'd use the onboard units instead, not along with.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1
      I used to have one in my KE2 but never used it but didnt really need it in my setup. It did make allot of noise whenever I DID turn it on.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I was looking at a guitar that had passive pick-ups and a PA-2 booster, but the more I have thought about it, I think I will just order a custom shop to my own specs :P
        My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

It could be OK if you liked the passive tone, and wanted more variety, or if you have really long guitar cable runs, or if you are using pedals or an amp that load down the passive pickups, making them muddy.

The side effects are noise and dealing with batteries just like any active system, and most amps and pedals these days are well designed with input buffers / high impedance.

Comment

Working...
          X