Another addition to the stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another addition to the stable

I bought this one new, sold it on Craig's list, then saw it on Craig's list for sale by the guy I sold it to. I didn't have the cash so I gave a friend a heads up and he bought it. Later he decided it wasn't for him so I bought it back. Still had the original strings on it.

Come to Papa...

I just redid the switching to match my Candy Tang SoCal and added a D-Tuna and the Warmoth pick guard. Love it or hate it that's ok. Rock and roll ain't about going with the crowd.

That's a round about way of keeping your guitar. Looks pretty cool with that guard.

I would miss the pull back on the bar with that DiTuna thing, but hey if it works for ya!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

I would miss the pull back on the bar with that DiTuna thing, but hey if it works for ya!
      Yeah I'm with you on that. I just got the drop d bug from spending years with the Wolfgang.The CT is stock so I can raise the notes on that one. I actually wish I could set up the CT where I could raise the bar a bit more. I get two semi-tones when I raise it. I guess that will have to do.

Comment

How do the pickups sound tapped. I assume the mini switches are there to tap the coils and it looks like you still have the original pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
          How do the pickups sound tapped. I assume the mini switches are there to tap the coils and it looks like you still have the original pickups.
          Exactly. Coil taps and original pickups. I also own two 08 AmStand Stratocasters. I tell you that so I can tell you how the split pickups sound and you can have some degree of confidence that I know what I'm talking about.

The Evo was a real surprise. It is very Strat like but with a stronger bass response. Very cool for those creamy lead lines but still has a fair amount of spank. With both bridge and neck split for strumming chords it is again very much like the nice mellow, very blendable sound you can get from the strat's 2 or 4 position. The Tone Zone is another story. Split by itself it has that unmistakable single coil sound but it is not far from the normal unsplit sound you get from it as well. Similar just not as dark when split. The main difference is that while split it will clean up much easier with the volume knob. On both pickups there is a decided volume difference between split and not. Nothing unmanagable but it's there.

Seems to me it would be perfect for all those ballads from the 90's. Going from clean to crushing.

Overall with a clean amp you could easily play a set of Blues and no one would get too worked up over it. Well maybe because of the Floyd... and that hippy looking pick guard.

One more
          Last edited by MonteChristo; 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

such an impact just changing the pick guard makes. . they look great

Comment

that's awesome - best candy green mod yet
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm thinking about getting that silver PG on my tang socal. On the onine warmoth PG order form, what knob holes did you get drilled for the volume and PU selector (1,2,3,4)?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                  I'm thinking about getting that silver PG on my tang socal. On the onine warmoth PG order form, what knob holes did you get drilled for the volume and PU selector (1,2,3,4)?
                  I didn't have them put any controls in. I used my original pickguard to find the location and size for the holes. I drilled them all myself. The only thing I had Warmoth do was cut the pickup holes. On the screw holes, they don't line up perfect. If you get all the screws started then tighten them a little one after the other until they're tight, it all pulls into place perfectly. No new holes in the guitar.

Below is how I filled out the Warmoth order form.

From the Warmoth site I chose:

Strat guitar pickguard

Orientation - Right hand

Control one - none

Control two - none

Control three - none

Control four - none

Pickup neck - fat humbucker

Pickup middle - none

Pickup bridge - fat humbucker

Bridge cut - Floyd tremelo

Additional - standard

Mounting holes - 11

$28 bucks US and another $7 for shipping

Pics when you get it please.

Comment

What tool should I use to drill the holes? I've never done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                      What tool should I use to drill the holes? I've never done it before.

3/8" drill bit for the volume and 15/32" drill bit for the switch. The mini switches if anyone is interested are 1/4" but the package will tell you that.

I have a drill press and a wide assortment of bits. Bring it by the house and I'll drill it... Just kidding of course, but if you have a hand drill you can pick up a cheap set of Chinese bits for less than $20. All of this in the US of course. Overseas make your own conversion. Just be sure to clamp the pickguard down to your bench before you drill. If not maybe your local high school shop class can do it.

Comment

You talked about a Carbon fiber pickguard in another thread. I just sent you a PM with info on one I found. Don't know anything about the company, but doesn't hurt to look.

Comment

Working...
                        X