RR1 trem cavity question/observation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 trem cavity question/observation.

Hey all, tonight I was putting new strings on the RR1, and it just wasn't a smooth process tonight for some reason..grrrrr. Anyhow..at one point I thought I might have chipped a knife edge, so I tear it all apart to check it.

After I get it apart, find out no damage had been done there, knife edges are fine, (earlier I chipped it at the edge where the recess is on the front).

Well, getting ready to put her back together..I see holes in the back trem cavity where the springs are..but they don't look right. Don't ask me how I've never noticed these in the few years I've owed this, I have no idea.

Anyhow..does this swiss cheese effect make sense?

Maybe it was a TremSetter or something like that to keep the trem stabilized?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

if it goes into the pickup route it may have been done in an attempt to get rid of the resonant echo that sometimes occurs

Comment

Termites?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe they were made by aggressive notes you'd been playing?

Seriously, haven't heard of that, but maybe they're mounting holes for the CNC router?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't know what those would be for. But, they were definitely drilled after finishing - you can see the clear coat lifting and "clean" wood in the holes. Are you the original owner?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Termites?
              :ROTF: Damn, it was so obvious, now I feel stupid. :ROTF:

Thanks guys, and no ulij, I am not the original owner.

Comment

Working...
              X