Jackson Floyd Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Floyd Question

Which Jackson Floyd is the one where the strings go thru the parts that look like string lock bolts? It came on a DX10. Thanks.

I dont think jackson ever used a single locking floyd trem like that. Some lower end toothpase logoed charvels used them, made by schaller but not double locking.

Comment

The JT-6 was like that, but that was well before the X series of guitars came out. As Carbuff said, that bridge came on Charvel imports in the late 80s/early 90s.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical1 View Post
        Which Jackson Floyd is the one where the strings go thru the parts that look like string lock bolts? It came on a DX10. Thanks.
        You're talking about the one where you leave the ball ends on the strings and feed it through the bridge, right?

I believe that was the JT-500. I had one on an Indian-made DX10X.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I believe it is a JT-500. Is an OFR a direct replacement or is it a Schaller LFR?

Comment

Huh? The JT500 is also double-locking (looks like a Schaller), just cheaper metal.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              The JT-6 was like that, but that was well before the X series of guitars came out. As Carbuff said, that bridge came on Charvel imports in the late 80s/early 90s.
              The JT6 is not like that. The JT6 is double-locking, it just has the fine tuners around the allen bolts. You've obviously never had a guitar with a JT6, have you?

Comment

The single-locking trem was the JT570 and came on some old Japanese Charvels. It was like the original version of the single-locking Floyd Rose II on cheap Kramers.
                http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  The JT6 is not like that. The JT6 is double-locking, it just has the fine tuners around the allen bolts. You've obviously never had a guitar with a JT6, have you?
                  I have a bridge that I thought was a JT-6....

I guess it's the JT570.
                  Scott

Comment

From what I am gathering this is a single-locking Jackson trem that was also known as JT-500 (in addition to the double locking JT-500) that was put on dx models during the India years. My question now is, due to intonation concerns, should I replace it with an OFR or a Schaller LFR?

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical1 View Post
                      From what I am gathering this is a single-locking Jackson trem that was also known as JT-500 (in addition to the double locking JT-500) that was put on dx models during the India years. My question now is, due to intonation concerns, should I replace it with an OFR or a Schaller LFR?
                      Jackson never produced a single locking version of the JT-500.
                      Sounds like someone swapped the trem out for an aftermarket one.

Anyway... an OFR will not fit in the route, but a Schaller Floyd will.
                      The JT-500 is based on the Schaller design. Same dimensional specs, just cheaper metal.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        Jackson never produced a single locking version of the JT-500.
                        It might not have been the JT-500, but they most definitely sold a single-locking trem. I bought a "Made in India" DX10X brand new at Guitar Center and that's what it had.
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...sku=511507#new

This is the guitar and the trem that I have. It is single locking and I think it's called a JT-500. I think they only made it for a short time. I want to replace it, but I want to be sure what to get. Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

That is odd. But like RJ said it appears to be based off of the schaller baseplate like a 570.

Comment

So you think A Schaller LFR would be the way to go?

Comment

Working...
                              X