Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found #6069 USA Charvel Snake skin

Hi all,
    New here, and I just located this guitar. It has pre Fender style strat head, and has a custom shop emblem on the head as well. Does anyone know what this headstock is actually called? It has matching snake skin paint on the head and body. Its pretty clean except for a minor chip on the back side. heres a Pic of the guitar. Any additional info would be appreciated.
    http://www.guitarmaven.net

Does anyone know what this headstock is actually called?
    some call it the ballsack headstock.

Comment

Swollen finger, Sears headstock, etc.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Feaux strathead?

Comment

Is that really a custom shop guitar? With that headstock and the weird looking trem and those dots? Looks like a cheapie with a nice paintjob.

Comment

Looks real to me. Besides, why would someone fake the ballsack?

They wouldnt.
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

They wouldnt.
              +1. Some people like that headstock. It's a one-off Custom Shop.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

They wouldnt.
                Looks real to me too. That headstock is an available custom shop choice.

Comment

I guess its just a weird combination of options. What trem is that? Looks big to be a wilkinson. It looks like one of those wb3 deals that were put on charvettes and cheap charvel imports.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                    Looks real to me too. That headstock is an available custom shop choice.
                    That headstock used to be an option. Not anymore. Since the Fender buyout, they won't do that headstock.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I have to say.....I REALLY love this guitar!!!!!

I've never played or even SEEN a Charvel in person, but I LOVE this one!

The headstock...I understand why it's not very popular, but I don't have a problem with it. If I was asked to sit down and draw a perfect headstock, this wouldn't be it, but it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker either. It's not bad at all. It actually looks pretty kickass with the paintjob.

The trem. Whatever. I think the guy just didn't want the hassle of a Floyd, but didn't want to get a fixed bridge. So he opted for basically what is a fancy fender-style trem, and now he has the best of both worlds.

The paint...That paintjob is so badass that I can't even describe it. I've always kind of liked the snakeskin paintjobs, but this green one just takes the cake.

Anyway, it seems like a bunch of people in this thread don't like the guitar for various reasons, and I came in here to give a different opinion. When I first saw the picture, I was like "NO WAY!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I WANT ONE!!!" LOL

Ha ha. I keep looking at the picture. I really think this guitar looks awesome.

Jay.

Comment

The guitar was built some time in 2004, after the Fender buyout (late '02) but before they started allowing custom orders with strat headstocks. I think only 25th anny models & retro bullseyes had true stratheads at that point. Also, don't forget all the Phill Collen models made after the buyout that had that headstock before they made the switch to stratheads somewhere around '06. There are a few Charvels listed with it as "pseudo strathead" in the Charvel Info Chart sticky post, including #6126, which is very similar:

Last edited by dg; 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolJay View Post
                          The paint...That paintjob is so badass that I can't even describe it. I've always kind of liked the snakeskin paintjobs, but this green one just takes the cake.
                          Green? Looks gray to me.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks gray in the first pic, and kind of blue/gray in the second to me.
                            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Y'all are right...the first one is gray. So burn that ugly-headstock POS!!! just kidding.

the lighting gives it a hint of green. That and the fact that I WANT it to be green.
                              I still like the regular gray, but man, a green snakeskin would rule!

So I agree that the top one is the standard gray, and the bottom one seems to be the standard blue.

I like both of them.

Jay.

Comment

Working...
                              X